Which Came First--the Spear or its Thrower?
Scientists age-dated a cache of stone-tipped throwing spears from Ethiopia's Gademotta Formation at 280,000 years old. This find appears to pierce the conventional story of human evolution—a narrative about modern man evolving from some pre-human type only 200,000 years ago. How will this date discrepancy be resolved? More...
- Tibetan Cat Fossil: A Tall Tale?
- Delicate Balance in DNA Production
- Questionable Dating of Bloody Mosquito Fossil
- Secrets from the Most Distant Galaxy
- Counting Earth's Age in Lightning Strikes